Vaping is not the ideal solution for everyone who wishes to quit smoking. However, if you have the proper knowledge and understanding of how vaping devices work, your chances of quitting the habit of smoking can be successful.
What do studies on vaporizer smoking devices say?
A majority of people in the USA want to quit the habit of smoking; however, only three to six percent manage to do so permanently. Some studies have reported that it can take above more than 30 attempts to finally kick the habit for good. However, there are some success stories of people leaving smoking after turning to vaporizer smoking devices, so when it comes to results, you can say they are mixed!
What do most of the reports say?
Some studies reveal some important findings, and they are as follows-
- It has been discovered that e-cigarettes might have the potential to help people quit smoking or even reduce smoking; however, the evidence here is restricted due to the lack of reliable studies.
- There exists moderate evidence that prolonged use of e-cigarettes can give rise to the reduction or cessation of smoking.
- The type of vape device used matters when it comes to the cessation or reduction of smoking. Some devices are good when it comes to delivering nicotine.
- The chances of quitting the smoking habit reduce when smokers start to vape in non-smoking zones. This trend is called stealth vaping, and here you are still smoking the same number of cigarettes.
If you are using vape devices for trying to quit smoking, there are three possible outcomes-
- Quitting smoking completely- Here, smokers switch to vaping.
- Dual users- The number of cigarettes is reduced, but smokers are using the same number of e-cigarettes for vaping.
- Relapse- Here, the user might have been off smoking for some time; however, has resumed smoking after leaving vaping for good.
Besides vaping (the best therapy for quitting smoking, as several reports in the USA suggest), you can try products relating to Nicotine Replacement Therapy or NRT that the FDA approves. They generally are-
- Nicotine lozenges.
- Nicotine Patches.
- Nicotine Inhaler.
- Nicotine Gum.
- Nicotine Nose Spray.
However, their success rates are not as successful as vaping devices.
How is vaping better than NRT?
Nicotine is an intensely addictive substance present in tobacco products. This is why it is hard for most people to kick the habit of smoking. Some wrongly assume it is this presence of nicotine present in cigarettes that causes cancer. The reality here is it is the tobacco that is burnt and the additives present in cigarettes that actually causes cancer. They cause serious damage to your lungs.
On the other hand, Vaporizer smoking devices help you to inhale the nicotine via the e-juice when it is heated to produce vapor. This helps you satisfy your cravings for nicotine, and you get a similar sort of smoking sensation known as the vape throat hit that several smokers have become addicted to. This is why they have chosen to vape as a successful alternative to smoking and other nicotine replacement therapy products.